Sustainability Criteria and Metrics
The part Sustainability Criteria and Metrics of the GREENSOFT Model classifies criteria and metrics for evaluating a software product’s sustainability:
- Common Criteria and Metrics
- Directly related Criteria and Metrics
- Indirectly related Criteria and Metrics
At first, it covers common metrics and criteria for the measurement of software quality and relates these to their effects on sustainable development. Secondary, it covers directly related criteria and metrics, which regard first-order effects of ICTs on sustainable development, as well as indirectly related criteria and metrics, which regard the more advanced second- and third-order effects. The identified properties and metrics form a quality model for green and sustainable software.
- Albertao, Felipe; Xiao, Jing; Tian, Chunhua; Lu, Yu; Zhang, Kun Qiu; Liu, Cheng (2010): Measuring the Sustainability Performance of Software Projects. In: IEEE Computer Society (ed.): 2010 IEEE 7th Interna-tional Conference on e-Business Engineering (ICEBE 2010), Shanghai, China, pages 369–373.
- Taina, Juha (2011): Good, Bad, and Beautiful Soft-ware - In Search of Green Software Quality Factors. In: CEPIS UPGRADE, XII, number 4, pages 22–27. www.cepis.org [2012-01-09].
- Naumann, Stefan; Dick, Markus; Kern, Eva; Johann, Timo (2011): The GREENSOFT Model: A Reference Model for Green and Sustainable Software and its Engineering. In: Sustainable Computing: Informatics and Systems, volume 1, number 4, pages 294–304. doi:10.1016/j.suscom.2011.06.004
- Dick, Markus; Kern, Eva; Drangmeister, Jakob; Naumann, Stefan; Johann, Timo (2011): Measure-ment and Rating of Software-induced Energy Con-sumption of Desktop PCs and Servers. In: Pillmann, W., Schade, S., Smits, P. (eds.): Innovations in sharing environmental observations and information. Proceedings of the 25th International Conference EnviroInfo October 5 - 7, 2011, Ispra, Italy, Shaker, Aachen, pages 290–299.
- Taina, Juha (2010): How Green Is Your Software? In: Tyrväinen, P., Cusumano, M. A., Jansen, S. (eds.): Software Business. First International Conference, ICSOB 2010, Jyväskylä, Finland, June 21-23, 2010. Proceedings, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, Berlin, Heidelberg, pages 151–162.